1. What are the coolest and ugliest tattoos you’ve ever seen?
I’ve never been the greatest tattoo fan. The coolest would have to be in idea rather than in actual appearance. I have a friend who was starting a new chapter in life and leaving some stuff behind her. She got a character representing the past (it was a hebrew letter – I don’t actually recall the letter or the symbolism beyond). The reason I found it interesting is that she had the tattoo put on the sole of her foot so she was literally walking on the past. I found that to be interesting. For ugliest, I don’t really have an answer. Like I said, since I’m not really a tattoo guy, I have never paid attention.
2. Have you ever had a meal in which squid ink was an ingredient? How was it?
I’m certain I have since sushi and related items are some of my favorites. I don’t recall it, though.
3. Are you one of those people who has a favorite pen, or one of those people who just uses whatever’s at hand? What’re your favorite pens like?
I’m not too picky. I have a few nice pens that I keep at my home desk, but I use those mainly for special letters or cards. My actual favorite is a Mont Blanc fountain pen that I got at the end of some consulting work I did for a jeweler who also sold them. I’m very fond of fountain pens, so I would have to say that my favorites are going to all fall into that category. As far as everyday pens go, for me to like a pen, it just has to lay down ink smoothly and generously. I do prefer rollerballs to ballpoints. I prefer medium to fine points (it’s back to that laying down ink generously). I hate the scratchy feeling of writing with the fine tip ones. I guess I fall into the first category.
4. There’s a box of colored markers on the table, and someone tells everyone assembled to grab one. If you have first pick, what do you take?
Either red or blue.
5. Have you ever written on a wall in a public place?
I had to stop and think on this one, but I don’t think I have. Maybe I am really that boring.